Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Convocation


This is my 4th day in Brisbane.

To say that I am here on holiday is an over-statement, for it is really no fun to feel the heat of the summer sun almost the whole day through.

Yes, the weather is extremely hot out here. To me, the current hot and dry spell is actually worse than the hot and wet which I endure back home in Malaysia most of the year.

Today, I would rather stay indoors and blog than to be out there in the scorching sun.

I am here for a purpose actually, i.e. to attend my son's graduation ceremony at the University of Queensland (St Lucia campus) which ended yesterday, albeit successfully.

It was a traditional English type ceremony, one that was full of "pomp and show" and quite memorable too. That's the point, I guess.

Despite the hot weather, I am glad that my wife and I are able to be here to celebrate our son's first major academic success. The reunion with our son by itself was meaningful and joyous.

The next couple of days, I will probably look around and see what Brisbane has to offer. It will mean a lot of walking. I hope our legs can make it!
More photos...






No comments:

Post a Comment