Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Happiness is when Irish eyes are smiling…

You know someone once said, “Happiness and sadness run parallel to each other. When one takes a rest, the other one tends to take up the slack.”

About unhappiness one Don Herold had this to say, “Unhappiness is not knowing what we want and killing ourselves to get it.” I find that very true even today.

We generally know what brings on unhappiness but it's pretty hard to tell what actually does bring happiness. I think poverty and wealth have both failed.

To paraphrase John Barrymore, “Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open.”

Every day may not be good, but there's always something good in every day. The secret is to find it and you’ll be happy.

Mark Twain had put it this way, “The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.” And that’s what I am trying hard to do here.

When I am sad or angry, I take a break and listen to my collection of old hits. They not only bring back memories but they cheer me up quite a lot.

This one in particular by Joni James entitled “When Irish eyes are smiling” is very mind-soothing and heart-warming to listen to.

Here it is courtesy of “itscalang”. The advice is: "Smile always, laugh often and much and why not just be happy." Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment