Friday, January 1, 2010

The thought that matters

This is my first “message” of the New Year, the 112th one so far.

And I must say it’s great to be back after witnessing some of those fireworks at the dead of night last night which ushered us into a brand new year!

Whether those displays of fire-power had beaten last year’s, I am not so sure.

Nonetheless, it was a magnificent celebration! Why all that rattle and dazzle, I wonder? Does it mean anything?

Some of us believe that the bigger and the louder the “bang” we make at the start of New Year’s Day, the more successful the incoming year will turn out to be. I wonder but who wouldn’t want to have a more successful year that’s ahead?

We made it, didn’t we? Into 2010 I mean.

Aren’t we glad that the best and the worst of 2009 are now behind us?

To many of us it seems like a big leap forward, isn’t it? And to some perhaps it is a new dawn and a new hope.

Whichever, I hope our “batteries” have been recharged and we are ready to face 2010 with renewed vigor and enthusiasm that will propel us not only at the start but hopefully will continue to sustain us throughout the rest of the year.

Here are some of the New Year greetings I have received from my friends. I think they are very nice and I want to share them with you in this “blog”. They all mean well and I feel blessed.

“A New Year..
A New Start…
A New Chapter….
A New Beginning…..
Forget the BAD
Cherish the GOOD…I sincerely wish you and your family a very Blessed New Year.”

~Oh

“Wishing you a Happy New Year. May you become a more prolific blogger in 2010.”
~OKL

“May you and your family be blessed with things you pray for, granted the things you wish for, and rewarded with things you work for. May you have the gift of excellent HEALTH, LOVE, PEACE OF MIND, and GOOD SPIRIT. Cheers for the new and successful 2010!”
~Johnny

“May the Lord anoint and empower you to soar on wings of eagle. May the New Year bring abundance of peace, love and joy.”
~LY

“May you have a Great and Blessed 2010!”
~JJ

“Wishing you and your family a Blessed and Meaningful 2010.”
~Edmund

“To David, God Bless You and Family too. Have a blessed year.”
~Aaron

“Happy New Year! Just thinking of you. God bless”
~KC

“Happy New Year! May God bless you all richly…”
~FVS

“Hope you have a wonderful New Year. Happy Holidays! We wish you more adventures.”
~Helen & Jim Schwent

“Happy New Year! Remember to exercise (walk) at least once a week. Don’t quarrel with your sweetheart and be generous to say I Love You.”
~Doreen

“Success is not the key to Happiness. Happiness is the key to Success. If you love what you are doing you will be happy and successful. Have a Happy and Successful Year ahead!”
~Koh

“My wish for you in 2010: May peace break into your home and may thieves come to steal your debts; May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet for $100 bills; May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips; May happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy. May the problems you had forget your home address! In simple words ....may 2010 be the best year of your life!”
~Tan

Well, need I say anymore? Thanks to all of you my friends. You have made my day!

May God be with you always!

Let's relax, sit back and enjoy as Jeff Majors sings this beautiful Hymn, the words of which are taken from the well-known "Psalm 23". Thanks to "BlAtlnOgAp" for sharing it with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment