Thursday, April 30, 2009

Flowers in the mind

When in pensive mood, try writing or reading a poem, it does wonders to your soul.

Here's a famous one, which I learned to recite when I was young, and which I am sure many of you also know. It goes like so...

"I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze
Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance."

~A poem by William Wordsworth entitled, "I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud," 1804


Indeed, flowers are one of the sweetest things that God ever made, and can you concieve what humanity would be if it did not know the flowers?

A Chinese proverb says, "When you have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."

What that probably means is this: Bread feeds the body indeed, but flowers feed also the soul.

While you contemplate further on this, let's listen to Kenny G playing for us, "Jasmine Flowers", in this nice video-clip made possible for us by Alan2Yang. Enjoy and may God's peace be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment