Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Lighter Side

You know someone had said that in life we cannot always win everything; we win some but we also lose some, in reality that's life!

Life actually demands a lot of sacrifices maybe even sufferings on our part, doesn't it? Are they all worth it? Arh, that I shall leave it to you (to decide).

But we are repeatedly reminded, there is no greater sacrifice than that given by, I guess you know who. Compare to the Lord's, what bases are there for us to complain?

Like Mavis, my take on life is this and I quote: “Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved (perfect) body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting “Holy shit, what a ride!” (quote attributed to Mavis Leyrer). But may I know what is yours?

You know, the most precious thing we have is life. Yet to think about it, it has absolutely no trade-in value.

Let me leave you with these quotes which I find rather interesting:

“When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everybody will respect you.” (Lao Tzu)

"Don't try to be different. Just be good. To be good is different enough." (Arthur Freed)

"Goodness is the only investment that never fails." (Henry David Thoreau)

Have a nice day and don't forget to smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment