Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Redeemer, Saviour and Friend

It's wonderful to know that Christianity preaches a God of love, not a god of hate; a God of compassion, and not a god of retribution.

Indeed, no other religion that I know of teaches us that in Christ Jesus, we have a God who is not only our redeemer and saviour but is also our friend.

Let me ask you what greater love is there than this that a man is willing to lay down his life for his friends?

And did you know that the greatest commandment in the Christian faith is love: i.e. not just to love God only but also to love our parents and to love one another, just like all good neighbours should.

If we had practised the above, I am sure what a wonderful and different world it would have been!

The wondrous love and amazing grace of God is played out in this song entitled "Redeemer, Saviour, Friend", which is one of my favourites.

I hope it will inspire you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment